Director: Dr Robert Barr
Robert is an electrical engineer based on the south coast of New South Wales, Australia.. Commencing his career in the electricity supply industry in 1973 as a cadet engineer with Prospect Electricity he was appointed as a professional engineer with Prospect Electricity in 1976 & gained experience in electricity distribution including load forecasting and system planning.
Robert joined Illawarra Electricity as System Control Engineer in 1982 and was later appointed Area Manager Nowra with overall responsibility for electricity supply to 28,000 customers in the Nowra/Shoalhaven area of N.S.W..
Since 1990 Robert has managed and worked for his company, Electric Power Consulting Pty Ltd, and has strong client relationships in both domestic and international markets.
Staff: Linda Barr & Julie Pike
2010 – Present: President, Electrical Engineers Society of Australia (EESA)
2003 – 2014: Visiting Professorial Fellow, University of Wollongong
2013 – Order of Australia (AM), for significant service to engineering, particularly electrical energy supply and distribution.
2012 – National Professional Electrical Engineer of the Year, Electrical College Board of Engineers Australia
- Association of Consulting Engineers Australia.
- Fellow of the Institution of Engineers Australia
- College of Electrical Engineers
- National Professional Engineers Register (NPER-3)
- Committee member of the Shoalhaven Country Group of the Institution of Engineers Australia, Sydney Division
- Member and former board member of the Electricity Supply Engineers Association of NSW
- Associate Fellow of the Australian Institute of Management
- Institution of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (USA)
- Standards Australia